About Me

My photo
I'm still learning who I am and what i'm meant to be doing, but in the meantime, I am enjoying my role as a mother to 2 gorgeous girls and a wife to a man that has a whole lotta heart... I used to sit and wait for tomorrow but i'm enjoying 'right now' too much to bother anymore xo

Monday, May 17, 2010

Where to from here?

So my art.... it gives me hours of joy (generally not all in one lump sum) but only happens here and there. I'd like it to happen more often... heck i'd love it to be a career - of sorts...



So this piece above was done at our mates' place on a wall downstairs. This was done with acrylic paints on what i believe to be a masonite sheeted wall. They are obviously fans of the Eels... and were delighted with this - it never got finished, as they lived in Rockhampton at the time and I did it when we went up there for a holiday. I am pretty sure they cut it out of the wall when they moved so they could keep it - i'll have to check...



This piece.... is one of many naked women images i have done. Over the years I have grown to respect the female body and it's many bumps and curves. Having fought against my own self image (and still struggle with at times) for so long and now finally i am coming to terms with the fact that its mine for keeps... doh! lol This was done with chalk pastels and i used my fingers to blend colours...



This was an image i started a few years ago... it consists of two angels - one a boy and one a girl... Brendan wants this to be taken down to the Oncology ward as a 'thank you' for their care when Ray was ill.... it's not finished in my eyes... but then again, not many of my paintings are.... hmmm...



This one is definately not finished.... when she was originally done, she was drawns with chalk pastels - an effective and fun medium. But after looking at her again and again I wanted her bolder. The way I see it, a woman with as much confidence as this should be painted as boldly as she seems in character - i love how comfortable she looks even though she is totally exposed. Her boobs needed to go up a few sizes after i'd decided she was too skinny and therefore widened her thighs and hips... so i still have many details to finish off on this one - nevertheless, she is happly hanging in our bedroom.... the kids like to point out that she has boobies like mummy.... i WISH girls lol



Acrylics were used on this simple piece. one to capture the beaty in the curves that nature creates when a woman is 'with child'.....





And this cutie (?) was created during a playdough session with the girls.... I thoroughly enjoyed doing this and using the playdough..... am now planning on getting some clay...
Now, the reason I am showing you these things is this. What on earth will i do with all this creativity. I guess I just wanted some feedback... maybe even some ideas.... As much as I have inklings to do other things with my life, such as midwifery... art is the one constant... it has always been there. I have always had books to draw in, if not tables full of paints, canvasses and all the other artistic paraphenalia... My girls inspire me - but they are no career councellors lol

So anyway.... until next time fellow bloggers, take care ok : )
Tamela xo

No comments:

Post a Comment